Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How Has Fashion Design & Creativity Change You?

Since I have started back school, last summer I have been inspired to do more in my field. I currently am a Fashion Retail Management student at the Art Institute of Las Vegas where I am Studying to become a buyer, in Men’s Wear. Fashion trend forecasting resources help predict trends in the fashion industry. Fashion & trend forecasting is the prediction of mood, behavior and buying habits of the consumer at particular time of season. It is no longer a question of finding your markets or consumers by age, geography or income, but looking into how and what they buy, based on their culture, mood, beliefs, occasion & geographic locations, it is also dependent on fashion cycle and plays a major role in introductory phase of recurring fashion cycles. (http://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/9/836/pink-is-out-but-blue-is-in-understanding-fashion-trend-forecasting1.asp) I have changed my way of thinking when it comes to my knowledge, and do not think because I have been managing for the last 7 years that I know it all. I love how I have opened my mind to social media unlike before; I would not want to or take the time to learn what is trending in the industry. I have a lot to learn but I am happy to say that I have a lot of experience that helps me get the new knowledge and master it. I am so excited that I took the time to wait and go come back to school and study a field that I love and that has my attention. The Fashion Retail Management Program has taught me that you really need to network and stay focused. You always have to be aware of the new brands what’s trending and why. I learned not to be afraid to ask a lot of questions we are here to learn and do not know it all that is why we are in school. My confidence level has changed dramatically with public speaking and product knowledge as well time management when it comes to delivering projects. I found this quote online: And choosing the right degree is just as important as having relevant work experience and skills, says Marie Zimenoff, a career management, job search strategist, and certified résumé writer at A Strategic Advantage, a career coaching company. "The competition [will be] stiff," says Zimenoff. "So be ready to show innovation and initiative in your résumé, at an interview, and on the job to be successful." (http://education.yahoo.net/articles/hot_degrees_in_2014.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment